02 November 2012

Friday Top 5

Theme month alert! November's Friday Top 5 posts are going to be devoted to things I'm thankful for.

This week: Spark Consulting edition.
  1. I'm thankful to Shira who, although not the first person to suggest going out on my own, was the first person to lay out the case that got me thinking seriously about doing it.
  2. I'm thankful to the MANY MANY association consultants who were willing to share their time and expertise with me as a I tried to figure out HOW to do it.
  3. I'm thankful to my fantastic first clients. Hopefully there will be many more in the coming years, but the first ones are the ones who let you realize that this could actually work.
  4. I'm thankful to my web firm who's giving me a great price on my gorgeous new site that should be up any second now.
  5. I'm thankful to my spouse who, when I first proposed the idea of launching my own business, said only: "I think you'll be great at it. I think you should do it," even though it was going to have a MAJOR impact on his life.      
Also, I'm going to be on the road for some great events next week, including ISAE's CrossConnect Conference, so posting is liable to be a little light.
Image Credit: Paula's Ponderings

No comments: