My top 5 takeaways from the day were:
- Mobile is not just the new frontier for communicating with and engaging our members, it can also be a great source of event revenue via ads, sponsorship, and prime placement spots.
- If you're thinking about going virtual at your office, DO NOT ignore the human factors. Many people get a significant percentage of their social circle and social interaction from their work colleagues. You have to help them plan for and make that transition.
- Learn how the money works.
- When thinking about generational diversity in the workplace, it's important to be knowledgeable about and aware of generational cohorts and their characteristics (Traditionalists, Boomers, Xers, Millennials), but it's also important to remember that there are some things that are universally true about 25 year olds or 40 year olds or 62 year olds.
- If you're curious about what a person's relationship to authority is likely to be, look at her/his relationship with her parents and other institutions from adolescence and early adulthood.