- Pace yourself - you have 4 hours to answer 200 questions. That means 50 questions per hour, or about a question a minute. Stuck on a question? Mark it to come back later and move on.
- READ the QUESTION. Do not assume. Do not read into it anything that isn't there.
- Remember that you're answering this from the perspective of being the Chief Staff Executive (CSE), not Director of Whatever Department that you are right now. And you're in a large association with staff and financial resources that follows best practices. So "but we do it THIS way at MY association" is probably not relevant.
- If "ask/survey the members" or "consult legal counsel" appears as an answer choice, that's probably the right one.
- Have confidence in yourself. The fact that you were accepted to sit for the exam means that you have the relevant experience. Trust your skills, knowledge, and preparation.
04 May 2012
It's CAE exam day! For all those candidates sitting, here are my top 5 pieces of advice for taking the test: