21 March 2012

What I'm Reading

  • Leadership lessons from James T. Kirk.
  • Fundraising with a recalcitrant board? Great ideas for things they can do to support your efforts without having to make the ask themselves.
  • Recapture your lost community members.
  • Five things to say to your colleagues TODAY.
  • The loss of the 40 hour work week is killing us.
  • Building an integrated communications strategy.
  • On that topic, what is strategy anyway?
  • Great advice from the SocialFish for FB Timelines for organizations.
  • Why do top people leave organizations? BAD MANAGEMENT (really, really, really)
  • Shelly Alcorn points out that Maybe It's You.
  • Joe Gerstandt discusses the pathology of privilege.
  • My mother-in-law likes to get me subscriptions as gifts. I used to request fashion magazines, but after picking up a few newsstand issues to keep me company on recent flights, I asked her to switch to the New Yorker for this year. LOVE!
  • I'm also re-reading Barbara Ehrenreich's Dancing in the Streets. It's a fantastic study that gets at one of the possible sources of some of our modern malaise and what we might be able to do about it.
 

2 comments:

David M. Patt, CAE said...

I love your "What I'm Reading" posts. They lead me to articles and posts I wouldn't have found on my own.

So, I'll start checking with you for interesting thoughts and ideas before I launch my own searches.

Elizabeth Weaver Engel, CAE said...

Thanks David - I do try to find stuff that hopefully will be new to at least some of my readers - glad to know it's working!