- Wellness challenges with fun themes and prizes. Doing good while doing well!
- Reserving a conference room periodically for brown bag lunch. No topic or presentation, just an opportunity to get away from your desk and mix with your colleagues.
- Friday afternoon cocktail hour. Yep, one of my former employers actually did this, although not every week. It rocked. It helped that we had a fairly creative mixologist on staff.
- Occasionally shutting down the office for an afternoon to go do something fun together (like bowling, video games, or a movie).
- Doing an organized volunteer project.
17 February 2012
As some of you know, my organization has been going through a merger for about a year now. We're making progress, but it's definitely still stressful for people, so we've been talking about stuff we can do to build morale. My Top 5 Staff Morale Builders: