03 January 2012

New Year, New Goals

You know it - it's time for the annual New Year's Resolution. Missed the backstory on how this works? You can get it here.

After much consideration, I've stolen an idea from a good friend who used this to document a year abroad: Taking (at least) one picture a day.

Why?

Well, I tend not to take photos.

OK, that's a lie.

I NEVER remember to take photos. I have a very nice, small Canon Powershot camera. And my iPhone4 takes decent pictures, too. I always have my phone with me, and the camera's small enough that it will fit in a coat pocket or a reasonably sized (i.e., not an evening bag) purse. And I NEVER remember to take photos.

Consequently, most major events in my life since I moved out of my parents' house and my dad stopped covering photo duties for me are undocumented. I'd like to change that.

Also, I'd like to become a better observer of the world around me. I suspect that having to take a picture of at least one thing a day will make me, to quote Ferris Bueller, slow down and look around.

Also, this.

Want to follow my photographic journey? I'm documenting the whole thing on Tumblr.

What do you want to learn this year? How are you going to stretch yourself?


No comments: