18 November 2011

Friday Top 5

Lots of people have been doing the "30 days of gratitude" meme on Facebook. I'm taking a pass on that, but it is definitely the time of year to express thanks. Of course there's the standard "family, friends, job, health" etc., but I do like to think specifically about what I've harvested THIS year. So in no particular order:
  1. I'm thankful for Patuxent Baths & Kitchens and that we finally finished our basement, a project we've wanted to do for 10+ years. Best parts? No cold drafts coming up the open stairs into the kitchen, being able to go down to do the laundry in my bare feet without worrying about getting filthy or stepping on something dangerous, and having private space for overnight guests.
  2. I'm thankful for all the wonderful women I've met and the experiences we've shared at my bellydancing studio. It's brought so many positive things into my life in the past three years I don't even know where to begin.
  3. I'm thankful for the Food Lab crew. You can't beat good friends getting together to experiment with food, eat, drink, laugh, and learn.
  4. I'm thankful that my cat darling Bast was in my life for 16 years, and that when it was time for her to go, she went quickly.
  5. I'm thankful for my enduring love affair with New Orleans. If you've never known what it is to fall truly, madly, deeply and irredeemably in love with a place, get out there and find the place where your heart lives. You won't be sorry.
What are you thankful for THIS year?


No comments: