- My (deceased) paternal grandfather, who served in the South Pacific in WWII.
- My mom's middle brother, who served as an Army nurse in Viet Nam.
- My best friend from grad school, who was one of the first wave of Green Berets to go into Afghanistan.
- My swing dancing buddy, Cameron, who's been all over, including several stints in Iraq.
- My mom's youngest brother, who, although he served during peace time, served voluntarily.
11 November 2011
It's Veteran's Day. Although it's a federal holiday, most of us don't have it off work anymore (myself included). But I still recommend taking a few minutes to think about and thank any veterans you know. So thanks to...