09 September 2011

Friday Top 5

Sometimes things get rough, and it's important to count your blessings. So that's what I'm going to do. (Some of my) Top 5 Blessings (work edition):
  1. All the thinking I've been doing recently has produced some great fodder for this blog.
  2. The fact that people come to me with their problems is stressful, but it's also a huge compliment. It means they think they're going to get a sympathetic ear and that I'll try to help them - both of which are true - and, more importantly, that they trust me. 
  3. My community - that's you! People who read and comment on this blog, and blog themselves, and interact with me on Twitter and Facebook and LinkedIn and Google+ and YAP and ASAE's Member2Member...you all rock. And keep me sane (or a reasonable facsimile thereof).
  4. I'm back in a mission driven organization, and that means a lot to me.
  5. I get a lot of support for all the professional development stuff I do, whether that's attending events, volunteering, presenting at events, etc. And that hasn't always been the case in the last 14+ years.
What blessings can you count today?

1 comment:

Lisa Junker said...

The timing of this post couldn't have been better for me. Thank you, Elizabeth!