13 July 2011

What I'm Reading

  • Even the Harvard Business Review thinks we should unplug.
  • Want to be lucky? There may be a formula.
  • Blogging mistakes and how to fix them.
  • Are you asking "why"?
  • This is a little off topic for T4P, but I thought this was a fantastic article explaining some of our current political insanity: tribalism versus reason in the debt ceiling debate.
  • This one is also a little off the beaten path for T4P, but: how much federal money does DC actually get? (not as much as you'd think, and probably not enough to fairly compensate the city for hosting the federal government)
  • When "liking" isn't enough.
  • Jamie Notter on more problems with control.
  • Associations give back! Share your story in the comments.
  • Brevity being the soul of wit, tips for writing more concisely.
  • Principles to live by (I particularly like the last one).
  • I'm still working on Gardening at the Dragon's Gate, but I'm also re-reading A Friend of the Earth. I do love me some T.C. Boyle.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great list you pointed to about blogging mistakes. It's a reminder that none of us does everything right.

David M. Patt, CAE said...

Great list you pointed to about blogging mistakes. It's a reminder that none of us does everything right.