- Fringe promotes new artists - it's unjuried, which means anyone with an idea is welcome to participate.
- Fringe promotes new thinking - it's also completely uncensored. That means some of the shows are NOT appropriate for all audiences, so artists can push the envelope.
- Fringe promotes new art forms - it's mostly theater, but there's also dance, music, performance art, puppetry, spoken word, film...
- Fringe is cheap - the shows are $17 a pop, and there are a variety of ways to reduce that cost further.
- Prior to Fringe, summer was a DEAD theater season here in DC. Now, even the established theater companies have summer schedules and even often participate in Fringe Fest to one degree or another.
08 July 2011
This weekend kicks off the 6th annual Capital Fringe Fest. It features hundreds of performances from July 7 - July 24. Top 5 reasons YOU should go to AT LEAST one show: