29 June 2011

What I'm Reading

  • As a community manager, it's important to match your tone to the tone of your community - in other words, don't be excessively polite/formal if they aren't, or you'll sound like a doofus.
  • Social comes inside the organization (according to Cisco, anyway, which given their relationship with Quora might not be totally unbiased advice).
  • Creating versus curating - which are you doing? Which should you be doing?
  • Advice from the master (Guy Kawasaki) on being a better presenter. Personally, I tell everyone the 10-20-30 rule.
  • Diversity: shut up and do the work.
  • Jamie Notter encourages us to be learners, not learned.
  • I'm still working my way through Gardening at the Dragon's Gate and currently enjoying the chapter on composting. I'm also still working my way through Ego and Archetype. I've been taking it slow because I've been reading it a chapter a month with a friend and then getting together to discuss. It's an excellent way to be introduced to Jungian psychology, particularly since my friend knows a lot more about it than I do.

No comments: