10 June 2011

Friday Top 5

Last night, I had the opportunity to attend a retirement party for a colleague and friend at the first association I worked for. I actually moved to DC in 1997 to take the job, and I've been here ever since. I spent 7 years at the organization and formed many friendships there that continue to this day, although I don't see that crew nearly as often as I'd like.

Top 5 things that are great about catching up with old friends and colleagues:
  1. Seeing how much everyone has changed
  2. Hearing how much we're all still the same
  3. Telling - and laughing over - all the old stories again
  4. Knowing that this probably means we'll all get together "just because" in the next few months
  5. Getting a chance to celebrate a truly excellent person (at least last night)

No comments: