29 April 2011

Friday Top 5

This weekend, I'll be performing in Under a Desert Moon with my belly dancing company (Raquettes Badia) from the studio where I take lessons (Sahara Dance). Sahara puts on shows three times a year, but UDM is the BIG one: four shows over two days in an actual theater with professional lighting and whatnot. Top 5 Things I'm Looking Forward To:
  1. Getting to dance with a fab group of women I've been privileged to work with for the past 4 months.
  2. Seeing if I can duplicate the gorgeous stage makeup KiKi L'Italien showed me how to create in March.
  3. Seeing my folks (it's not a recital if your mommy isn't there).
  4. Getting to perform our piece more than once. You spend 4 months learning choreography, you want to do it more than once.
  5. The cast party at Guapos Sunday night. Margaritas all around!
I think there are still tickets available, so if you're free Saturday or Sunday afternoon or evening and want to see some awesome belly dancers shake it, come on out!

No comments: