- They're entirely locally focused (which is a major plus in my book).
- They sponsor 3 major service events each year (spring Servathon, September 11 National Day of Service, and Martin Luther King, Jr. Day National Day of Service) that mobilize thousands of people to work together to make positive changes in our community.
- They do all sorts of projects, but they have a heavy focus on public schools and DC public schools in particular.
- They provide year-round nonprofit board training (did you know that?).
- They provide year-round volunteer opportunities of all types and durations in the DC Metro area.
Although general registration for the event has ended, they are still looking for help for 3 particular projects. Can you give 4 hours on a Saturday morning to help your community?