The Top 5 (Recent) Reasons My Folks Are AWESOME!
- They came to DC for the weekend during the very busy holiday season to see my belly dance performance, because it's not a recital if your mommy's not there.
- I got a surprise gift of King Arthur bread flour, beignet mix, and chicory coffee in the mail last week. Why? My dad wanted to send me a carnival season present, and they were following my King Cake experiments on Food Lab.
- They're not big party people, but they took a chance and joined us in New Orleans for Jazz Fest last spring to celebrate a milestone birthday for my spouse - and had a ball.
- Mom and I are going the Eagles Academy for Women on Sunday. There will be on-field time with the players at the Nova Care Complex, and my sixty-something mom is in. How awesome is that?
- My mom is currently working on an amazing baby gift for one of my closest friends (who fortunately doesn't read this blog) who's expecting a girl this spring. I'm not crafty, but she is, and she always comes through when I need her.