05 November 2010

Friday Top 5

This was a boneheaded move, too.
We're at the midpoint of the 2010 NFL season, and I just realized I haven't done a SINGLE football themed post yet! Shame! My Top 5 Tips for Professional Football Players:
  1. CATCH first, THEN run.
  2. When tackling, remember to use your arms.
  3. Stop juking - just secure the ball and run. This ain't college honey - the other players are fast, too.
  4. When the QB puts the ball on your numbers, catch it donkey.
  5. Pull off a GREAT play? Down by 20+ points? Don't celebrate - just don't. You look like a moron.
    Image credit: MisterIrrelevant.com

    1 comment:

    Hecate said...

    CATCH first, THEN run.

    As the descendent of Vikings, this reminds me of the advice that the less-than-brilliant Sven had to have tattooed on his forearm: "Rape and pillage: THEN burn. Rape and pillage: THEN burn." I come from a practical people.