21 July 2010

What I'm Reading

  • Acronym's doing a fun series of "threes" posts to help us all get ready for the Annual Meeting. My favorite (so far)? Three quotes from thought leaders.
  • Liam O'Malley writes about mental mise en place, which is applicable to far more than cooking.
  • More on socmed policies:  5 things they should all include, from Alexandra Levit, one of the panelists at this week's Buzz 2010 breakfast.
  • Another fun list - 5 things you're doing wrong on Twitter.  (I'm guilty of the non-custom background, but lack of visual design sense is part of my charm, right?)
  • Taking some time off this summer?  Here are some good things to ponder while you're at the beach/mountains that just might help you keep your sanity when you get back. 
  • I didn't get as far with Here Comes Everybody last Friday as I'd hoped. I am enjoying it, and all the examples make good intuitive sense, but I'm still looking for the "so what?"
  • The 19th Wife is coming along nicely, too, although it seems more like two separate books than a cohesive story that combines both present and past to me.  Maybe there will be some important tie between the two later in the book, but I'm about 2/3 of the way through, and nothing's apparent yet.
  • I also just started the July issue of Associations Now.  I particularly like the front piece on web metrics Amy Hissrich and David Hollender put together. In my experience both in house and as a consultant, we (associations) do a poor job of turning data into information.  This guide can help point the way.

No comments: