- "Coopetition" (from Matt Baehr) was the word of the day.
- 90% of association staffers are forces for stability - 10% are forces for chaos. Own being a force for chaos (if you have the courage).
- You have to go through a lot of crazy ideas to get to the good ones.
- Design thinking - the ability to imagine and create better models rather than just picking from those that already exist - may be the key to associations' continued viability.
- Associations don't really fear ideas, change, or failure. What we really fear is criticism. We need to get over the tyranny of the vocal minority.
02 July 2010
I had the opportunity to participate in Hackaction this past Monday. KiKi L'Italien (from Delcor) and Jeff De Cagna (of Principled Innovation) led us on a day-long journey to examine member value from new perspectives. The top 5 things I learned: