16 June 2010

What I'm Reading

  • Advice to the graduates by Joe Romaniecki on Acronym.  Add yours in the comments.
  • Peek inside the mind of a sponsor and learn how to make your packages more appealing and useful to your corporate partners.
  • The June issue of Membership Developments, which features some really good articles: Erik Schonher and Vinay Kumar on membership health checks, Andy Steggles on lifetime value of a member, and Marilyn Mages, CAE, (ICMAD) and Dori Kelner on starting a membership marketing program from scratch. 
  • Keeping Kids Safe Online, a guest post to SmartBlogs by my good friend (and the president of Bean Creative), the fabulous Layla Masri.
  • 6 emerging technologies that will rock your meetings world.
  • The tweets from the first (of three) Buzz 2010 breakfasts, this one with Charlene Li on Open Leadership. See y'all on July 20 for 2 of 3.
  • Speaking of tweets, the Twitter coverage of NACHRI's Family Advocacy Day, when patients (and their families) who are treated at our member hospitals come to DC to talk to their legislators about the importance of coverage for and access to specialized care for kids. Also check out our "all-star" blog and get inspired by the kids' stories.
  • I can't believe I'm doing this, but Martha Stewart actually has some really good social media advice:  "If it's there, try it." 
  • I had to give up on Pride and Prejudice and Zombies - just not that big an Austin fan, and there wasn't enough zombie content to hold my interest. So I'm re-reading the lovely Mists of Avalon.
  • And I have to give a final plug to my newest blog - Food Lab: Testing Taste, Texture, and Technique.  What's it all about?  This post explains the concept - I hope you'll check out the continuing food lab exploits.

2 comments:

Hecate said...

Re-read Mists of Avalon about this time last year when I was recovering from surgery. It gets better with each reading.

beauwyo said...

I love that book - I have very vivid dreams every time I read it!