07 April 2010

What I'm Reading

  • Renee Robbins on introducing social media to your team at the office for Engage365.
  • More goodness from Engage365 - Twitter tools for event marketers. Not hip to Engage365 yet? What are you waiting for?
  • Studying for the CAE Exam in May? Make sure you mark Mondays at 7 pm EDT for the YAP virtual study group (or at least check out the online transcript after the fact).
  • How do we get from Web 2.0 (the social web) to Web 3.0 (the semantic web)? Linked data.
  • Interested in using Foursquare for something other than stalking people? Mashable has some great examples (I particularly love what Chicago's up to).
  • This is a favorite topic/pet peeve of mine, but don't want to sound like a tool? Don't say any of these dumb-ass things.
  • I finished Next. Sadly, it was far from Hynes's best work. It reminded me of the irritation I frequently felt in my days of hectic business travel in the first few years after September 11, when all these people in obscure locations were always freaking out about terrorism, and I was like "Dude, the terrorists don't even know where Nebraska IS. Trust me. I live 7 blocks from the Capitol, and I'm managing not to act like a complete dolt here. Buck up."
  • I'm now re-reading Agatha Christie's classic And Then There Were None - first of hers I ever read and still the best.




2 comments:

Hecate said...

Do NOT get me started or "robust" or "transparent".

Hecate said...

"Redundancy," however, is fine.

:(