03 March 2010

What I'm Reading

  • The Dalai Lama's tweets. Yes, @DalaiLama is now on Twitter. It looks like someone is probably tweeting for him, but I'm hoping for good things.
  • Tapping the power of LinkedIn to be more than just a Rolodex that updates itself (I really need to get on this myself),
  • JNott on how following "best practices" holds us back.
  • Don't put all your socmed eggs in one platform basket (but seriously, what's up with the blonde?),
  • Blast from the past - 1995 Newsweek article about why the Internet will fail - it's a fad, I say!
  • Confused, Conflicted, Clueless and Cranky - great piece about what's going on (or not) in health care reform.
  • Simple tips for promoting your blog.
  • Just started Barbara Ehrenreich's Bright-Sided: How the Relentless Promotion of Positive Thinking Has Undermined America. Don't really have an opinion yet other than to point out that's she's pretty much universally brilliant and I've loved her other books I've read, so I have high expectations.


3 comments:

Hecate said...

The Dali Lama tweets. I have lived too long; it's true.

Vernon Horn said...

Hope you give us more of a review about Barbara Ehrenreich's book. I saw a short review of that, and it really appealed to me.

Elizabeth Weaver Engel, CAE said...

@Vernon - finished it on the plane on the way to San Diego. I would recommend it. It's filled with her usual sharp observations & excellent writing. The best chapters were on her own experiences with breast cancer and on the effect of positive thinking on the economy recently. The history of the idea was pretty interesting as well. I think she might have been a little tough on the psychologists and religious leaders, but then again, they do make themselves easy targets.