05 March 2010

Friday Top 5

My top 5 Favorite Sayings/Quotes:
  1. Cheap - Fast - Good. Pick 2. (any engineer I've ever known)
  2. I feel sorry for people who don't drink - when they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day. (Frank Sinatra)
  3. Measure your life in love. (the musical Rent)
  4. Tell me, what is it you plan to do - With your one wild and precious life? (Mary Oliver)
  5. Muriel Duckworth told me that anything worth doing is worth doing badly, and she is a 97-year-old Nobel Peace Prize nominee. She didn't wait until she felt she could do things perfectly before she did them. (Audra Williams, This Magazine, March 2006)
Got some good ones yourself? Share them in the comments.


3 comments:

Maddie Grant said...

Awesome. My current favorites are:

- think digital, act analog (Guy Kawasaki)

- roam before you pave (by someone else but from Dan Pink)

And they're both speaking at GI! Hope to get some tweetable quotes!

Hecate said...

My clients are big on your # 1.

I like:

When the facts are on your side, pound the facts. When the law is on your side, pound the law. When neither is on your side, pound the table.

Life is a glorious cycle of song, a medley of extemporania. And love is a thing that can never go wrong, and I am Marie of Romania.

Alice laughed. `There's no use trying,' she said `one can't believe impossible things.'
`I daresay you haven't had much practice,' said the Queen. `When I was your age, I always did it for half-an-hour a day. Why, sometimes I've believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast. There goes the shawl again!'

and

Rule of Law

shoegal said...

The secret of happiness is freedom;
The secret of freedom is courage - Thucydides

Well-behaved women rarely make history - Laurel Thatcher Ulrich

Study as if you were going to live forever; Live as if you were going to die tomorrow - Maria Mitchell

A life lived in fear is a life half-lived - Strictly Ballroom (hee!)

Take care of luxuries and the necessities will take care of themselves - Dorothy Parker