- Shelly Alcorn on the recent SCOTUS decision on campaign financing. Not sure why it matters? Let Shelly school you.
- Web sites? We don't need no stinking web sites!
- 5 Questions with Seth Godin on the release of his new book Linchpin.
- Jeff Hurt on room block insanity.
- I'm not a foursquare user, but I find the who douchebag fracas hilarious. Maggie McGary weighs in.
- Deirdre Reid's put together a convenient list of the best and worst of conference schwag, so you can prepare your shopping list for your next show.
- Dull website? Focus on the future rather than the past.
- Fast Company helps you tame the email beast (and you'll need the help whenever you manage to get back to the office).
- The latest release from the Pew Internet & the American Life project has some surprising findings about teens and social media.
- Stop talking - start doing. Notes from a panel at SMWNYC.
- Tweeting about the snowpocalypse is great fun for individuals, but if you want to tweet to build your brand, you better have a plan.
- Just finished Aravind Adiga's Man Booker prize-winning and quite excellent The White Tiger. Orientalist fantasies about India? This book blows them out of the water and is a great read. Now re-reading Nine Lives, a fantastic book by Dan Baum about nine New Orleanians both before and after Hurricane Katrina. If the snow keeps up, I may re-read my way through all the TC Boyle novels on my bookshelf, which should keep me busy for at least a little while!
10 February 2010
The Snowmageddon/Snowpocalypse/snowMG/Snowdiculous/I snowrredner edition: