06 January 2010

What I'm Reading

No more end of year lists! Can't take it!

Since I'm not linking to any more end of year lists and that seems to be all anyone wants to talk about this week, the list is short:
  • According to Amber Naslund, it's time to get serious about your social media strategy. (It's really awesome advice - you should go read it. Now.)
  • John Haydon's doing a series on what stats you should be tracking in a number of places - blog, FB page, Twitter. Good stuff.
  • I'm obsessively checking Philly.com's coverage of the Eagles in hopes that someone will come up with a ray of hope for the beleaguered Bleeding Green Nation looking towards our rematch with the Cowboys on Saturday. Which is probably a mistake, because the Philly sportswriters are, as a general rule, even more pessimistic than the fans.
  • And of course, I'm reading all the press from CES about the Google Nexus One. If Palm doesn't hurry up and unlock the damn Pre soon, I may be seduced.
  • Reading Service Included by Phoebe Damrosch, the first female captain at Thomas Keller's New York outpost, Per Se. It's not bad, but after reading Michael Ruhlman, Ruth Reichl, and Tony Bourdain's various books, I've come to expect better - more juicy details, snappier and more focused writing, a more cohesive story. I give it a "meh."
  • Also reading The Truth About Chuck Norris by Ian Spector and I Can Haz Cheezburger? by Professor Happycat. Both silly stocking gifts, both hilarious.


No comments: