"They" (whoever "they" are) are predicting an unusually harsh winter in the DC area. We've already had snow twice, which is pretty much twice more than normal. And many, many of you are making a hash of driving in it, thus inspiring today's Friday Top 5:
Top 5 Tips for Driving in Snow
(and yes, I do know better than you do - I was raised and learned to drive in Pennsylvania)
- You have to clean off your car. Yes, your ENTIRE car. Yes, even you, Mr. SUV Owner. Yes, even the roof. I know it's high, but getting that monstrosity was your choice. Get a step ladder.
- SLOW DOWN. I know you're really excited that there's less traffic than usual. Slow down anyway. No, slower. No, SLOOOOOWER.
- Normal braking distance? Triple it. Minimum.
- For those of you with automatic transmissions (which seems to be pretty much everyone other than me these days): you know that mysterious "low" gear your car has? This is what it's for - use it.
- If it's icy, just stay home. You cannot drive in ice. No, not even you, Mr. SUV Owner.