18 November 2009

What I'm Reading

  • More ideas about what will be required to fix US health care. This particular article focuses on evidence-based care (treatment by what works as opposed to by everything your insurance company will pay for).
  • Some docs are tweeting from the OR to reduce stress for the patient's loved ones.
  • How to write a mission statement that isn't dumb. You know who you are. Go read the article, and then get yourself a quantifiable goal and go do it.
  • The harsh realities of social media marketing. Reality #1 - no one is reading your blog. Uh oh :)
  • Follow up posts to #smw09. (That aren't on this blog.) There are some interesting debates going on - you might want to check them out.
  • Another Always the Last to Know bonus: 22 cheap or free tools to improve the usability of your web site.
  • I just finished The Book Thief. I'm not usually a big fan of fiction around WWII/Nazi Germany for a variety of reasons, but I really liked this.
  • I'm currently reading Riven Rock, another TC Boyle joint. Reviews have called it his best book, but Tequila Curtain and The Inner Circle remain my top picks for Boyle goodness.


No comments: