- The number one source of ocean debris? Cigarettes and filters. Attention, smokers! Contrary to popular belief, the world is not your ashtray!
- Number two? Plastic bags. Get yourself some Chico reusable bags - what are you waiting for?
- Number one marine animal entangled in debris? Fish.
- Number one source of marine debris? Recreation and other shoreline activities. Haven't you people ever heard of "take only pictures - leave only footprints"?
- The total weigh of garbage collected world-wide = the weight of 18 blue whales.
Not doing anything tomorrow morning? It's still not too late to register, and it's a world-wide event, so ANYONE can participate. If you're in DC, look for me and the spouse at the Anacostia site.