26 March 2009

Baby Needs a New Pair of...


NOT shoes...OK, well, actually I always need a new pair of shoes, like, say, the ones to the right, but that's not what this post is about.

I'm getting a little burned out on my RSS feeds and could use some new inspiration.

What's your favorite UNUSUAL source of creativity, great ideas, awesomesauce, and general bad-assed-ness?

Note: no offense, but Beth Kanter, Katya Andresen, Guy Kawasaki, Seth Godin, Andy Sernovitz, Chris Brogan, Acronym, and all us bloggers on the A List and/or the Blogoclump do not constitute "unusual."

Hit me up with your favorites in the comments, yo!


8 comments:

Peggy Hoffman said...

I'm enjoying Happiness Project http://tinyurl.com/chm5wu - not about associations but good food for thought!

Hecate said...

Nice shoes.

Elizabeth Weaver Engel, CAE said...

Thanks Peggy - just added it to my RSS feed.

(and H, you are ABSOLUTELY right - I've been coveting these for, oh, at least a year)

Maddie Grant said...

Holy crap are those shoes awesome.

Here's my suggestions:

- Young Women Misbehavin' - great advocay blog about women in the workforce

- AriWriter - Ari Herzog's soc med marketing blog

- Cheth studios - super cool web designers

- Bokardo - Joshua Porter, UI guy extraordinaire

Maddie Grant said...

Forgot to add - What Would Tyler Durden Do - http://www.wwtdd.com/. Totally NSFW, awesome celeb gossip.

Elizabeth Weaver Engel, CAE said...

@Mads - thanks for all the suggestions. I'll be sure to check 'em out. And my fave celeb gossip site is jezebel.com. Do you know it?

Cynthia D'Amour said...

Elizabeth - LOVE the shoes!

I open eyes and try to live life large to find inspiration and creativity.

While there are many interesting things online, there's a whole lot of life right outside one's door.

And when I'm really stuck, I ask my dog Raindrop for help.

Elizabeth Weaver Engel, CAE said...

@Cynthia - I've tried that with my cats, but what wisdom they have, they're not sharing.