18 February 2009

What I'm Reading

  • The entries in the WOM meme.
  • The entries in the volunteer unsession meme (my contribution is written but posts tomorrow).
  • The dire economic news. I know I shouldn't because it's depressing, but I can't seem to help myself. At least I'm still sticking with the "put retirement statements into desk drawer unopened" plan I launched in September. And it's working out great. LALALALALA...I can't hear you....
  • Frank's un-RFP. And working on creating a solid un-proposal in response.
  • My awesome left wing firebrand friend Hecate, who's been on a roll recently.
  • Pondering free agnecy and my beloved Iggles.
  • Trying to figure out how to separate signal from noise on Twitter.
  • Just finished The Inner Circle, by TC Boyle. He is probably my favorite current fiction author - or at least in the top 3.
  • And just started The United States of Arugula by David Kamp. Great book about the development of cooking and eating in the US from the freeze-dried, pre-packaged nightmare that was the post-WWII era to today, when we're experiencing a "quantum leap forward in food choice, food quality, and culinary sophistication..."


2 comments:

Kevin said...

Kamp's book is a fun read. Lots of eccentric foodie personalities back in the day.

Elizabeth Weaver Engel, CAE said...

I'm loving the stories about Julia, James, and Craig!