14 January 2009

What I'm Reading

Given my well-documented obsession with all things NFL and Philadelphia Eagles, it should come as no surprise that my non-football reading is down a bit this week. Seriously, though, at 5-5-1, who would have thought we'd make it to the NFC Championship Game? Not me.

So what else HAVE I been reading this week?
  • The January issue of Associations Now. The Association Turnarounds story is pretty interesting, and I love the lunch club idea.
  • Fellow Beaconfire Blogger Alan has some good advice for clients seeking to make the most of their consulting budgets: "We’ve already billed hours creating those documents and getting them to you. Why do you want to pay us to read them aloud? Put an end to story time, read the documents ahead of time, and we can trim down the meetings so we can both get back to your business." True dat.
  • The Buzz Bin's snarky take on personal branding. HEE!
  • Go Fug Yourself's annual Golden Globes Oscar warm-up. So mean! So awesome! Also, would someone please buy Cameron Diaz a freakin' comb already?
  • Blogging lessons from Kivi Leroux Miller.
  • Bernard Schlink's The Reader. Not too impressed. First of all, the translation seems clunky. Secondly, I'm only a few chapters into it, but I've already figured out [SPOILER ALERT] that Hanna's an ex-Nazi WHO NEVER LEARNED TO READ (sniff, sniff). How very After-School Special of us. Anvils, anyone? So not getting the hype, but it's a short book, so I'll probably finish it anyway.

No comments: