Technology stakeholders and critics were asked in an online survey to assess scenarios about the future social, political, and economic impact of the Internet and they said the following:
- The mobile device will be the primary connection tool to the Internet for most people in the world in 2020.
- The transparency of people and organizations will increase, but that will not necessarily yield more personal integrity, social tolerance, or forgiveness.
- Voice recognition and touch user-interfaces with the Internet will be more prevalent and accepted by 2020.
- Those working to enforce intellectual property law and copyright protection will remain in a continuing “arms race,” with the “crackers” who will find ways to copy and share content without payment.
- The divisions between personal time and work time and between physical and virtual reality will be further erased for everyone who’s connected, and the results will be mixed in terms of social relations.
- “Next-generation” engineering of the network to improve the current Internet architecture is more likely than an effort to rebuild the architecture from scratch.
The weeping and wailing over the Eagles' latest loss, to which I've also contributed. From IgglesBlog:
They Are Who We Thought They WerePlease guys, show SOME pride and beat the Cowboys Sunday. Please.
Thank you, Denny Green. You really nailed that one.
They are who we thought they were.
- Wide receivers who don't get open and don't make plays? Check.
- Offensive coaching staff that reverts to a pass-only attack when times get tough? Check.
- Limited offense that shuts down if Westbrook isn't having a big day? Check.
- Quarterback who has games where he blows more than his share of easy throws? Check.
- Solid defense that still can't generate turnovers? Check, check and check.
The latest issue of Washingtonian, aka Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about the Upcoming Inauguration. Short version: if you're not from here, don't know anyone who can get you into one of the BIG parties, and don't have a ton of coin to spend, STAY HOME.
JNott's been on a roll recently. Get his latest.
And I've been enjoying the holiday-themed Cheezburgers.