12 December 2008

The Friday Top 5

In honor of the season and my planned Sunday activities...

My Top 5 Favorite [Insert Your Favorite Winter Holiday Here] Cookies:
  1. Plain sugar cookies. My inner 5 year old loves to decorate with SPARKLES! YAY SPARKLES!
  2. Florentines. Fiendishly difficult to make. Similar to Pepperidge Farms' Brussels cookies. But WAY better.
  3. Chocolate cherry cookies. Like chocolate covered cherries, but with BUTTER!
  4. Kiffles. Delicious, not that sweet, full of nuts.
  5. Cornucopias. Spouse's family recipe. Also fiendishly difficult, they're fragile cones of lemon-flavored pastry you fill with a raspberry cream. So some assembly is required by the consumer.


2 comments:

David M. Patt, CAE said...

I second your choice of plain sugar cookies. Beats chocolate chip any day.

Elizabeth Weaver Engel, CAE said...

Don't get me wrong - I'm a huge fan of chocolate chip, too. But those are *everyday* cookies, not *holiday* cookies :)