24 September 2008

What I'm Reading

This week, it's been mostly Professional Practices in Association Management, the Association Law Handbook, and the CAE Study Guide, as I've been facilitating the CAE Immersion Course for the I-can't-remember-how-many-ith time.

Speaking of, if you're thinking about getting the CAE, you have, sadly, missed the fall 2008 Immersion Course. I didn't take it myself, although I've been supporting it in my volunteer capacity for the past 4 1/2 years, but reports are that it's great (it also provides about a 10-15% lift in your chances of passing).

If you're thinking of taking the exam in May, make a note to yourself to take the February 2009 Immersion Course (February 23-25, 2009). However, if you're set on December, you're not completely out of luck.

The YAPstars have a virtual study group going that meets via conference call for the first time this Friday.

And I also invite candidates who are ASAE members to check out the SharePoint site the CAE Action Team put together and is supporting.

(I'm also just finishing up The Fifth Sacred Thing and reading the ESPN NFL Week 4 Power Rankings, which are being DOMINATED by the NFC East. As is only fitting.)


Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments: