Association Global Services (AGS) has released preliminary findings of their Social Networks and Associations Survey. I quote: "The initial returns show that while over 80% of respondents indicate that their association views Social Networks as an 'opportunity', less than 1/2 of organizations have a plan on how to use social networks. "
The results are going to be shared at the Secret Session at the rapidly approaching ASAE annual meeting. You are coming, aren't you?
McKinsey Quarterly has also released the results of two surveys:
Among the findings:
- According to more than 75% of executives, adoption of Web 2.0 technologies is accelerating.
- Executives said they should have acted faster in adopting new technologies.
- Executives offer insights into where Web 2.0 technologies could provide a sustained competitive edge.
- But fewer than 25% are satisfied with the way their organizations are using Web 2.0 technologies.
- There are a number of internal barriers to adoption.